This comforting Instant Pot Kitchari Rice and Lentil Porridge are very close to my heart my mother makes Kitchari during my childhood time especially when topped with lots of ghee. there are many verities of Kitchari
Instant Pot Kitchari Recipe
Today I make my Kitchari with very simple ingredients, the main two being basmati rice and small yellow lentils ( Moong Dal ). I am using a few simple spices and plenty of ghee.
You’re making this as part of a meal, you can really serve it with anything. You can serve it with a meat-based curry, vegetables, and a side of (Indian pickles) you love this hot lentil rice dish!
- In an Instant Pot, press the sauté button, add dry yellow lentils ( moong dal ) dry fry for 7 to 8 min. until lentils light golden and smoky smile. take all lentils in a bowl.
- Now lentils and rice mix together, wash, and soak for 20 min in water.
- Add the ghee or oil to ( Instant Pot ) Allow it a minute to heat up, add chopped onion lightly golden fry, now add all whole spices, and saute for 3 min. then add ginger garlic paste mix.
- Add soaked rice with lentils, and mix very well.
- Add 6 cups of hot water mix, and add salt.
- and Secure the lid, close the pressure valve, and cook for 20 minutes at high pressure.
- Naturally, release pressure for 20 minutes. Open the valve to release any remaining pressure.
After 20 min my Instant Pot Kitchari ( rice and lentil porridge ) is ready to serve with (Indian pickles) TAMATAR KI CHUTNEY PAKISTANI
See Some Related Post Links Below
- KOFTA SALAN RECIPE PAKISTANI
- Original Degi Chicken Korma
- Mix Veg Dry Recipe
- Basic Chicken Curry Recipe Indian