Stuffed Mushrooms recipe:
Stuffed Mushrooms are not really a strictly accurate name for this dish as the mushrooms are used as a platter or basket for the stuffing.
It makes a great dish for a special occasion breakfast or a starter.
As a variation, you can use chopped apricots instead of the red peppers and a tart apple instead of the courgette.
How to Make Stuffed Mushrooms recipe
- 2 large flat field mushroom
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 spring onion chopped
- 1/2 Red pepper , deseeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp porridge oats
- 1 small courgette , chopped
- 1 tbsp basil chopped
- 1 tbsp soy souce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper
- mixed salad leaves , to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Wipe the mushrooms clean with damp kitchen paper, then remove the stalks and chop them.Heat the oil in small saucepan and gently fry the chopped mushrooms stalks,
- spring onion, red pepper, courgette, olive, and oats are golden.
- Stir in the basil, soy sauce, and lime juice.
- Oil the mushroom caps and place them on a baking sheet.
- Spoon the oat mixture onto the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper,
- and bake for15-20 min, until the caps start to soften.
- Serve the hot mushroom immediately on a bed of mixed salad leaves.